6/17/11

We are confused.

We are officially stuck in-between little girl and tween.  I catch myself telling Bee, "You're not a baby anymore," when she is getting herself in trouble, or slacking on her chores, only to later refer to her as "my baby girl" during her bedtime routine.

Bee posing for me, age 5, Holga CFN

Being a mama is so hard.  I know it's not cool to say that publicly, as it has a negative connotation, but I don't mind admitting it.  I feel less than ideal at least 50% of the time, actually.  Balance is not happening around here, although as long as I'm working towards some level of it, I believe I must be okay.

We saved room for snow cones today.  I have a pretty strong will when it comes to eating right, and that means Bee is right there with me in my eating-right-boat, but since our summer fun times are limited with her broken wrist, we've been enjoying more cold treats than usual.  Have you ever had a coconut cream pie snow cone?  Heaven!!
It may appear that I littered there, but I assure you, I don't litter.  This is Texas, you know.
(Polaroid SX-70, PX70 Color Shade Push film)

No comments :

Post a Comment