7/8/11

Get ready, 'Roid Week 2011 begins Monday!

I am so excited about 'Roid Week this time around, with the wider spectrum of color permeating the newest Impossible color films.  I struggled a bit with the latest batch to come out of the Impossible labs, the PX680FF.  I fashioned my own ND filter from an old set I had, but it wasn't working for me.  I was still getting over exposed shots, and almost gave up on it, thinking it was due to the heat, as the film tends to be very temperature-sensitive.  I told myself I would try again in the fall, when it cools off in this God-forsaking desert.

I decided to try a different filter, and magic!  I originally tried using a 3-stop ND filter, thinking it would work with this film, with a little adjustment in the exposure wheel on my SX-70, but nope, it didn't happen.  Turns out all I needed to do was bump it to a 4-stop, with the wheel set exactly where recommended in the first place as per Impossible instructions.  I also do take a little cooler out shooting with me, to carry developing shots, so they don't get too warm.

All is well and good again with me and my Polaroid.  Now is a great time to start shooting with Impossible films.  Now is the perfect time to invest in an SX-70 if it's something that you've been wanting to do for awhile...it only gets better from here!  The 'Roid Week Flickr pool opens at 6:00AM EDT Monday, July 11th.  Join us for a grand week of friendship-making and inspiration.

The unfortunate unsettling aspects of this-the pola-blotch that ended up on my chin, the sign and house at the back of my head...  The colors are beautiful, though, and I have to give my self at least a B+ for effort.  I may go out again and see if I can get a better shot at the same time, same place.

To slow to pose for camera...but again, B+ for effort.   I gotta be faster! 

2 comments :

  1. These self-portraits are lovely! One of these days I will truly take the plunge with the PX film. I've only dabbled as of yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brooke! This film, I am floored by it now, it's so lovely...in the right light, just amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete